Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Smothered Veal in White Wine Gravy with Brie Brown Rice and Broccoli

This is the second of my recipes including white wine. This time, I decided to make a white wine gravy for my veal cutlets. I have for you today, my Smothered Veal in White Wine Gravy with Brie Brown Rice and Broccoli!


For this recipe, I took my veal cutlets and lightly dredged them in flour and pan-seared them in EVOO. When I took them out, the oil that was left in the pan, I added green onions, green peppers, garlic, and white wine to cook down and render their flavors. Then I decided to turn this into a gravy, so I added some all-purpose flour to it, thinned it out with a little water, and then the freshly squeezed juice of one lemon for the added freshness and to brighten the gravy some. I added the veal cutlet back to it to allow it to absorb the flavors of the gravy. While that's simmering, let's go to the Brie Brown Rice and Broccoli.

For the Brie Brown Rice and Broccoli, I cooked the rice and to that I added the broccoli to it and then added the Brie. The Brie cheese melted down into the broccoli and rice, stirred them all together and began the plate process.

I pulled the veal from the gravy and plated it up with a healthy scoop of the Brie Brown Rice and Broccoli. Then for extra love, I spooned on some of that delicious white wine gravy. The white wine gravy provides an amazingly refined taste to the veal, and the extra that spread on the plate, mix it in with a scoop of the Brie Brown Rice and Broccoli, and it feels like you are dining at a five star restaurant in New York! The taste of the Brie is so light, but apparent, and the creaminess really makes the dish that much better! Paired with the crunch of the broccoli, it is a great contrast of textures and flavors! This meal is soooo elegant and delicious, you will realize the true definition of what it means to "Fancy Your Plate"! Bon Appetit!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment