Thursday, August 11, 2011

Alamo Steak Po' Boys with Chayote Salsa

Now, here I reign as the Queen of the Po' Boys, so now you know I had to do this! This is my "incredibly delectable, yet oh so filling" medium rare, Alamo Steak Po' Boy with Chayote Salsa. I present thee!


Now, my inspiration for this particular Po' Boy is that living in San Antonio for 10+ years, I have a deep love for authentic Mexican food. I also married into a Creole family, so I thought it necessary to learn all I could about Creole cuisine, and as a result, I also have a deep love for Creole food, so hence the Chayote Pico de Gallo. And what a coincidence that the chayote, A.K.A. mirliton, is both a Mexican and Creole staple! It works well together.

When you first bite into this Po' Boy, the steak obviously is the first thing that taste. The full, hearty, but still juicy and flavorful flank steak was pan seared to perfection and let's just say I had to take a piece of steak and taste it solo just to savor the goodness that it was. I was not disappointed. The steak was on point! I then folded it up and bit into it and WOW! Of course, the steak, yes, but also, the chayote salsa!!! It provided a refreshing taste along with the amazingly authentic taste of the pico de gallo! This is has got to be one of my favorite po' boys!!! But of course, you can't forget the pickles!

No comments:

Post a Comment