Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Mexican Style Pork Chops with Fiesta Bean Pasta

Tis Mexican night and this meal was a nice Mexican twist on an American classic. I breaded the pork chops with a little Mexican Ancho Chili Powder and for a nice smoky bit of heat and with that, I have paired it with a Fiesta Bean Pasta.


The pork chops are breaded with flour and seasoned nicely, and then a touch of Mexican Ancho Chili Powder are added to them to enhance the flavor with an underlying heat that elevates this once American classic and takes it South of the Border! They are very moist, and the crunchy exterior makes for the perfect pork chop!

To compliment these delectable pork chops, I have made Fiesta Bean Pasta. I cooked my pasta, then added my beans to them. Then to that, I added my chayote pico de gallo, which adds a fresh, yet authentic Mexican flavor to the dish. The chayote pico really makes this dish pop! I had to add the dollop of sour cream and jalapeno on the side to it, and man, I was pleasantly surprised! The ingredients worked together so well, I even surprised myself! This is a Mexican night that will not be forgotten, but craved and requested by my family for a while. My husband already said I have to make them again very soon. These pork chops and Fiesta Bean Pasta is definitely a great twist on this American classic, and it will definitely make a comeback to our table!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment