Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Italian Chicken Fried Rice

This just came to me one evening. I had some chicken tenders, rice, and veggies, so I sat down and thought to myself, "Self, I see what I got here. How can I flip, switch, and fancy up these ingredients?" Well, since the chicken is seasoned with fresh Italian herbs, let's see... Italian Chicken Fried Rice!!!


Perfectly seasoned chicken tenders cut into one inch pieces and veggies mixed in with pillowy soft white rice. This dish was an incredible plate of "UMPH!" It had the trinity: onions, peppers, and celery. Then I added half inch pieces of squash, and some Italian seasoning. This was forkfuls of Heaven!

The chicken was moist and the seasoning came through beautifully! The rice was fluffy and absorbed all the flavors of the dish which tied everything together perfectly. Then the love from the onions, bell pepper, and celery; and the squash on top of that was tender, and absorbed all the flavors as well! All in all, this dish was the perfect blend of Asia and Italy! My family loved it and yours will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment